Terms and Conditions
Mountlucas Wind Farm Photography Competition (“Competition”)
- Terms and Conditions: Entry to, and participation in, the above-titled Competition is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. Participation in the Competition denotes unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and any failure to comply with them may result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize(s) (if applicable).
- The Promoter: The Competition is run by Bord na Móna Powergen Limited, an Irish private limited company, Company number 218162 and having its registered office at Main Street, Newbridge, Co. Kildare, Ireland (referred to as the “Promoter”).
- Eligibility: Entrants must be 18 years or over (proof of age may be required) and must be resident on the island of Ireland. Entrants under 18 years of age must submit written consent from their parent / guardian. This Competition is not open to any staff of the Promoter, contractors or their immediate family members, their agents or anyone else professionally connected with the Competition.
- How to Enter: To enter the Competition, entrants must submit one photograph from Mountlucas Wind Farm or include subject material of Mountlucas Wind Farm which has been taken in the last year. Entrants may only submit one photo per entry but can submit as many entries as they wish. The photograph must be taken by the Entrant and submitted as a high-resolution image in JPEG format (.jpg) Written consent must be obtained from any person featured in the photograph or by a parent if such person is under 18 years in advance of submitting the photo for entry. The Promoter reserves the right to reject or remove an entry at its sole discretion if the Promoter considers the contents of the entry to be inappropriate. The judges’ decision is final and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
- Winner and Dates: The Competition will open on 7th September 2020 and will close at midnight on 16th October 2020. The winner will be selected before 5 p.m. on Friday, 23rd of October 2020.
- The Prize: €100 One for All Voucher. Entrants should note that the Prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. However, the Promoter reserves the right to replace the Prize with an alternative Prize of equal or greater value.
- Notification and Publicity: The Promoter, or their agent, will notify the winner of the Competition via telephone (via the contact number provided on the entry form) on the Bord na Móna website (bordnamona.ie). While reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner, if the phone is not answered at the time of calling, or the person has not returned the Promoter’s or their agent’s call within 24 hours, the selection of the prize winner will be forfeit and an alternative winner may be drawn at the Promoter’s discretion. However, once the winner has been contacted the winner shall provide the Promoter with a designated delivery address to which the Prize can be posted.
- Licence to use the photographs. The entrants grant the Promoter an irrevocable licence to use their submitted photograph as required on the Promotors social media platforms, website, and publications. The winner of the Competition also agrees for their picture to be displayed by the Promoter on the calendar to be provided to the local community and beyond. By entering the Competition you are consenting to the use of your photograph for promotional purposes without any payment or other condition.
- Data Protection: Entrants’ personal data will only be processed by the Promoter and its agents for the purpose of administering the Competition and for selecting and contacting the winner. The Promoter will not use your contact details for marketing purposes and you will only receive communications on other offers and promotions from the Promoter if you have specifically subscribed to do so. In the event of an Entrant nominating an alternative individual for the Prize, the Entrant hereby warrants that they have the consent of the alternative individual to enter them into the Competition and to submit the alternative individual’s personal data. All entries must comply with all Data Protection Laws and with all General Data Protection Regulations and it is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure compliance. Bord na Móna shall not be responsible for any breaches caused by the Entrant.
- Liability: The Promoter will not accept liability for any errors or any other mistakes or for the cancellation or postponement of the Competition. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any failures or malfunction or any problem of whatever nature which may result in difficulties with entries being submitted, lost or not properly registered or recorded and entrants hereby waive any claim whatsoever for any losses, claims, costs, damages and expenses arising from such problems. The entrants are not obliged to enter Bord na Móna lands for the purposes of taking photographs, if they do enter such lands, they do so at their own risk, and all such entrants should familiarise themselves with the visitors’ notices displayed in the car parks and trails. The Promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, claim, damage or injury which might occur to the entrants as a result of entering the Competition or taking photographs for the purposes of same.
- Warranties and Indemnity: Each entrant warrants that they are the owner of the submitted photograph and all intellectual property rights in relation thereto, and that they have full power and authority to grant the licence in clause 8. Each entrant will indemnify and hold the Promoter harmless against all claims, demands, suits, losses, costs, damages and expenses that the Promotor may incur as a result of any breach by the Entrant of these Terms and Conditions.
- General: The Promoter reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, postpone or declare the Competition void for any reason, including but not limited to, if it believes the integrity of the Competition has been breached in any way.
- Disputes: The Competition and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Ireland and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Ireland.