RECYCLING Open to Public Competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a Driver. The role will be based in the South East Region and will report to the Depot Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for operatives while on the run, ensuring work is completed in a safe and professional manner and to conduct commercial & domestic wheelie bin collections in the South East region collection area. Within this depot region, Bord na Mona Recycling have RCVs, Skip Trucks and Ro-Ro’s operating out of Arklow, Rosslare, and Carlow.
Job Title: Driver
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Depot Manager
Location: BNM Recycling South East Region
Apply on or before: 30th September 2023
HR Contact: Carol Young
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• The collection of various waste streams from multiple customer locations across the route network. Applicants will possess all relevant cards, CPC and licenses.
• Responsible for operatives while on the run, ensuring work is completed in a safe and professional manner – wheelie bins emptied using good work practices and manual handling techniques, and returned to a safe position / Location in line with guidelines on bin positioning.
• Complete route sheets as well as vehicle safety checks on a daily basis. Comply with all company policies and initiatives to ensure safe operation and efficient operation of company vehicles (i.e., fuel efficiency). Relevant paperwork / debriefs to be completed on a daily basis.
• Maintain all allocated company vehicles and property in a safe, clean, and roadworthy condition to ensure the maximum safety of the drivers, occupants and other road users, and to reduce the potential impacts of company vehicles on the environment.
• Act professionally and courteously with all colleagues and members of the public.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Minimum 1-2 years Transport/Waste Industry experience
• Must have a C licence plus a Digital Driving Card and CPC card.
• Possess good communication skills and have a high degree of commitment and exhibit the initiative necessary to succeed in a competitive market environment.
• Manual Handling & Safe Pass an advantage
• Good Written and Verbal English essential.
• Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
• A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Experience in the waste industry a distinct advantage
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.