Bord na Móna Recycling is a subsidiary of Bord na Móna plc and is one of Ireland’s leading Waste Management Companies, with a particular focus on collection, segregation and recovery services.
We provide services to domestic and commercial customers throughout the country, operating through a network of waste transfer centres focused on specific local markets.
Bord na Móna Recycling currently wish to recruit a Machine Operative on a permanent full-time contract. The role will report to the Operations and Planning Supervisor.
Machine Operative – AES Rosslare
Open to public
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following.
- Operation of a 20 tonne track machine, loading shovel, skid steer, sweeper and fixed plant as directed
- Shunting of trailers and skip containers in the yard.
- Grading and sorting of waste streams as received to achieve maximum recovery levels.
- Assist with the preventative measures of plant and machinery. Assist with traffic control and carry out banksman duties also.
- Be proactive in ensuring that the yard is kept clean and maintained to high level, that cardboard/plastic and other materials are processed and baled and provide assistance when required in all areas of the yard.
- Communicate with relevant parties to ensure that waste materials are handled correctly and where applicable, link in with hauliers regarding transfers out of all materials.
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.Act professionally and courteously with all colleagues and members of the public.
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Digger, 360 license essential, and Forklift license desirable.
- Ticket for Front loader essential
- Good Written and Verbal English essential.
- Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
- Must possess relevant licenses.
- Team player with ability to work on their own initiative.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit http://www.bordnamona.ie/careers/application-process-at-bord-na-mona/ for more information. If you wish to be considered, simply click the “Apply” on the job on or before June 25th 2021
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer