Machine Operative x2
RECYCLING Open to Public Competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a Machine Operative x2 on a permanent basis. The roles will be based in Portlaoise and will report to the Operations & Planning Supervisor. The successful candidates will be responsible for the operation of plant and machinery within the yard and waste transfer building.
Job Title: Machine Operative
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Operations and Planning Supervisor
HR Contact: Cora Kinnarney
Apply on or before: 27th October 2021
Eligibility: Public Competition
The Role: The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• The main purpose of the job will involve the operation of plant and machinery within the yard and waste transfer building
• Operation of a 20 tonne track machine, loading shovel, skid steer, sweeper and fixed plant as directed
• Shunting of trailers and skip containers in the yard.
• Grading and sorting of waste streams as received to achieve maximum recovery levels.
• Assist site mechanic with preventative maintenance of plant and machinery. Assist with traffic control and carry out banksman duties also.
• Provide cover for Refuse Operative, as and when required
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises. Complete daily yard checks for environmental compliance. Ensure all safety and compliance signage is kept clean at all times.
• Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
The Person: The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
• Digger, 360 license essential
• Ticket for front loader essential
• Forklift license desirable
• Minimum 1 years significant Waste Management or Logistics Operations experience in large scale infrastructure
• Digger, Forklift, Loader Experience
Visit https://bnmproject.sharepoint.com/sites/thehub/Pages/Current-Vacancies.aspx for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 27th October 2021. Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.