Machine Operative x 1
RECYCLING Open to Public Competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a Machine Operative x 2 on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Navan and will report to the Operations & Planning Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for the operation of plant and machinery within the yard and waste transfer building.
Job Title: Machine Operative x 1
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Operations and Planning Supervisor
HR Contact: Cora Kinnarney
Apply on or before: 5th June 2022
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• The main purpose of the job will involve the operation of plant and machinery within the yard and waste transfer building
• Operation of a 20-tonne track machine, loading shovel, skid steer, sweeper, and fixed plant as directed
• Shunting of trailers and skip containers in the yard.
• Grading and sorting of waste streams as received to achieve maximum recovery levels.
• Assist site mechanic with preventative maintenance of plant and machinery. Assist with traffic control and carry out banksman duties also.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
• Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
• Digger, 360 license essential
• FAS Safe Pass / Manual Handling
• Ticket for front loader essential
• Forklift license desirable
• Minimum 1 years significant Waste Management or Logistics Operations experience in large scale infrastructure
• Digger, Forklift, Loader Experience
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.