RECYCLING Open to Public Competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a General Operative on a permanent basis. The roles will be based in Bord na Mona Recycling Lusk and will report to the Depot Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the sortation and segregation of waste materials on the picking line along with other yard duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Job Title: General Operative
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Depot Manager
Location: Bord na Mona Recycling Lusk
HR Contact: Carol Young
Apply on or before: 7th October 2023
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Sorting and recovery of waste materials from the C&D processing line
• A good understanding of the waste industry. Be flexible and prepared to work in the required areas
• Housekeeping of workspace and other areas as assigned
• Always wear appropriate PPE when carrying out assigned duties. Comply with all company policies and initiatives to ensure safe operation and efficient operation of all plant and equipment on site.
• Act professionally and courteously with all colleagues and members of the public.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Minimum 1-2 years, Waste Industry experience.
• Manual Handling & Safe Pass an advantage.
• Good Written and Verbal English essential.
• Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
• Manual Handling experience an advantage.
• Experience in the waste industry/previous experience a distinct advantage.
• A good awareness of health and safety requirements.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.