Oracle BI ETL
Bord na Móna is developing new sustainable businesses, that will deliver greater returns for its employees and the wider community. Eighty years ago Bord na Móna committed itself to delivering a new industry for Ireland using our indigenous resources. We are now looking for you to help us deploy 21st Century technologies as our company fulfils its original mission as it delivers a new sustainable future.
Oracle BI ETL
Open to Public Competition
Our Support Function currently wish to recruit an Oracle BI ETL for a 2 year fixed term contract. This role will report to the Applications and Solutions Development Manager. This role will be based in our head office in Newbridge,Co.Kildare.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Responsible for the OBIA Oracle BI Stack, with responsibility for Administration, monitoring and maintaining the applications.
- Support the BICC Manager in providing technical and process direction and support for the technical team of ETL (ODI) and BI (OBIEE / OBIA) developers in all phases of the delivery process: requirements / scoping, prototyping / design, development, testing, release and support.
- Co-ordinate with internal and external service providers and projects teams to ensure that current and future BI IT requirements are satisfied.
- Participate in the development of project plans to implement data warehouse solution and identify resource requirements.
- Provide OBIA Application support and administration
- Functional and Technical Design reviews
- ODI monitoring, configuring, Maintaining, Deployment .ODI, OBIA Technical support and hands on development as required.
- Work with source system owners to automate deliver information to the landing area.
- Be the “hands-on, end-to-end” expert in all layers of the OBIEE / OBIA / ODI stack with a proven track record of successful delivery in complex environments.
- Identify, recommend and best practices on ETL / OBIEE / OBIA architecture and repository development.
- Support and guide the cast of teammates performing ancillary roles within the BI teams.
- Lead future in-house system analysis, ETL design and development and system testing to create an integrated data warehouse based on custom and Oracle BI Applications mappings and reports.
- Maintain high level of proficiency in appropriate modern technologies.
- Work in such a manner to develop and promote a progressive, professional and positive working environment within the applications team.
- Working within the Application team to ensure appropriate process are implemented, in place and updated if required.
- Liaise with Operations, and application team to support each business unit to establish, track and monitor business requirements. Communicate effectively with business customers, line manager and peers
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Experience of working within a technology development environment, preferably with an emphasis on utilities and Oracle BI applications
- Proven ODI ETL development in a data warehousing environment
- Proven OBIEE / OBIA architecture and repository and report developments using best practices
- Experience maintaining / modifying existing ETL code (not just new development)
- Ability to understand business requirements and develop software solutions
- Strong experience with data warehousing and ETL tools and with the SDLC and BI tools mainly with OBIEE / OBIA
- Must have experience with STAR ( SNOWFLAKE) schema techniques and experience performing user acceptance testing for applications
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to present the findings to business users
- Strong documentation skills and experience using OBIEE / OBIA as a report writing tool
- Proficiency in verbal and written communications (including presentation skills) and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills and ability to prepare proper documentation and building of a knowledge base
- Confident and comfortable interacting with people in various disciplines and at various levels of an organization
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with new/innovative ways of doing things when the opportunity presents itself
- Bachelor’s degree and/or college equivalent (preferred engineering, computer science or business degrees)
- SOA skills would be an advantage.
- Must hold valid permit to work in EU.
Closing date – February 26th 2017
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer
Follow us @bordnamonajobs
Visit our website: www.bordnamona.ie